Anyone here own a Fender Aerodyne J??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrDuncan, Apr 30, 2005.

1. I just purchhased a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass and I'm wonderring if anyone out there has any opinions on these basses. Mine is used, a year old, paid $500 for it. It has a steel grey finish, black pickguard, chrome hardware, painted head stock and it looks different than the Aerodynes that Fender is producing now. Anyone know when or why the changes were made to them??
  2. post a pick of the bass. it sounds like some thing ive seen in a fender bass book i have. please get pics.
  3. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    one was made to be sold in japan (fremarkers, pickguard) and the other was to be sold in america, as far as I know. Apart from the physical differences, I think only the bridges are different, but give it 10 minutes and I'll be proven wrong by the guys that know their stuff :bassist:
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    If I remember right, the ones with the pickguard (red or gray)and fingerboard dots are built in Japan for Japan, and the black ones without same are built for export to the US. All have a good reputation. :)
  5. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Gord beat me to it by 10 seconds! :D
  6. Thanks guys for the info on why the appearance is different, sure explains a lot about why people don't know much about the ones with the pickguard. I'll get pics for ya Warwickben, should be posted here by tomorrow.
  7. There are pics on the personal web space for you to view warwick ben. Since the picture sizes were to big to display here I put the on my MSN space and you can view it by adding me to you MSN contact list and viewing my personal space. I put the pics in the slideshow that runs on the right hand side of the screen.
  8. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Mr. D; I have a North American Aerodyne. I love the bass but teh stock pick ups suck...I replaced them with Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounders.
  9. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
  10. I agree that the pickups are kinda lagging and will probably end up slapping a set of EMG in there before too long.