1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here own one of these Fender Japan 75 Reissue Jazz' (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    [​IMG]

That whatever-they-call-the-color-that's-darker-than-seafoam green one works for me.

I would love to have one of those. I don't actually NEED it. But I would love to have it.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Why does the 75 reissue have the finger rest?

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I had an '80 P that actually belonged to my school. It had the rest there, too. I moved it to the other side to be a thumbrest.

It also came with the ashtrays. It was the last bass I ever saw that nobody had to ask for the covers. I prefer them as optional items.

4. Well. There's the first GAS of the season...

5. [​IMG]

I'd love to pick this one up with a tort guard

6. Green or black looks mighty fine.

7. todegard

todegard Bassist

Sep 24, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    I have the blue one....
    The colour is called old Lake Placid blue.
    Fantastic sound and feel. And they look great.
    I ordered mine from Ishibashi.co.jp

Tommy

8. Looks like I'm not the only one with GAS for these reissues. :D
    Help ME!!!

9. Actually, I was just checking that one out, but definately not with a tort pg. The black one looks so good with the rosewood fretboard :p

10. Very tasty indeed. But I'm more partial to the maple fretboarded model (the '75?)

Does anyone know what the major differences are in specs for these though, as the prices seem to variate hugely between models. ie. the "JB62-66" (would that be a '66RI?) is only $400, whereas the "JB75F/BD" is $880 yet the "JB75-94US" is $752, but the only differences I can see are the finish and the block inlays?

I know it's probably common knowledge and stupid to act but I'm new to the vintage Jazz...

11. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    i was very, very close to buy the blue one... but then i suddenly got some more money, and bought a G&L L2000 instead... but i love that colour! when i get some extra money between my hands next time im gonna probaly buy it... hang it on the wall or something :p

12. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I could go for the black one. If the green was more of a seafoam, I'd be on board for that one, too.

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I did own one in LPB, it looked the part for sure but I prefer the sound of ash bodied basses.

14. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    JBXX-YYMM

XX is year, YY is list price in Yen. MM can be "US" for US pickups and/or BD for badass bridge. An "FL" means fretless.

JB62-66: '62 RI, basswood body, Japanese pickups. List price 66000 YEN.
    JB62-83US: Same as above with alder body US pickups. List price 83000 YEN.
    JB75-94US: '75 RI, ash body US pickups. 94000 YEN.

15. Perfect, super helpful thanks :)

So the price increase in this case between the '62 and the '75 would be due to the body wood?
    It's all starting to make sense!

16. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    '75 also has blocks and binding, that's a factor too.

17. I wish they had a picture of the Vintage White one, I LOVE white basses with matching headstocks...

18. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I also prefer models with true 70's pickup spacing for that extra growl, as well, tho these do sound really nice. The ones I've played also play very well, which seems to be typical from what I read here as well.

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    The MIJ or CIJ's don't have 70's pickup spacing. Only the MIA's do. I own a MIA and love it. It's worth the extra cash.