1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone here own/play a Cort GB34??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by invisiman, Jun 4, 2004.

1. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I was just browsing their site, and this model grabbed my eye (what can I say, it was cheap!! :D ). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, or information about it. I checked Harmony Central, but that yeilded very little. So, all help is appreciated. :bassist:

2. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    I've played one in a shop for 10 minutes or so. Cort/Tanglewood stuff seems to be pretty well put together, and I like the "skinny jazz" styling. The neck was quite wide - I'm a Jazz Bass kind of guy and it was too P-like for my liking, but other than that, it seemed like a pretty good bass for the money.

I'm not sure of the model number of the one I played - it was the one with the J & MM pickups and an active preamp - 2 band EQ; the blend control seemed to work the other way round from what I was expecting, and the pre isn't the best in the world, but for £200 I'd have been tempted if I'd liked the neck.