Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here own/play a Cort GB34??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by invisiman, Jun 4, 2004.

1. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I was just browsing their site, and this model grabbed my eye (what can I say, it was cheap!! :D ). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, or information about it. I checked Harmony Central, but that yeilded very little. So, all help is appreciated. :bassist:

2. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    I've played one in a shop for 10 minutes or so. Cort/Tanglewood stuff seems to be pretty well put together, and I like the "skinny jazz" styling. The neck was quite wide - I'm a Jazz Bass kind of guy and it was too P-like for my liking, but other than that, it seemed like a pretty good bass for the money.

I'm not sure of the model number of the one I played - it was the one with the J & MM pickups and an active preamp - 2 band EQ; the blend control seemed to work the other way round from what I was expecting, and the pre isn't the best in the world, but for £200 I'd have been tempted if I'd liked the neck.