Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone here play a Yamaha BB1000 or similar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike_odonovan, Mar 26, 2003.

1. tell me what you like and don't like as i am thinking of getting one.
    cheers

2. gareth

gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    UK
    i've got yamaha bb1200 that i've had for years - single p pup and through-the-neck - its a great bass

3. is it like really heavy? what about the neck dimensions? P bass, cricket bat, or jazz vibe? does yours have the reverse P pup?

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Are you talking about the 80s model, BB1000s or the new Michael Anthony model, BB1000MA?

5. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
  6. I have lots of basses.I even have a endorsment from a bass company that I can not say on here.I am going back to my BB1000S.I had a night off last week and went and set in with my sons band.He is a drummer.I took my BB1000S.People after the gig, players and non players would keep comeing up to me asking me about my bass.They said they never heared a bass that sounded so good.The other bass player was playing a Fender active JAZZ bass.When non players notice I take it to heart.Since 95% of the audince is not musicians.The bb1000s has such great sustain and is a great slap and walking bass.

7. I have the BB3000S from the mid eighties. Pics were on a thread from a few days back.