Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here Play an Ibanez EDA Series Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hindsight, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I play and EDA 905 and im just curious as to how many people have played or own one of these killer instruments.

Later

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I played one once, in a store.

3. what did you think about it

4. i tried one in a store few weeks ago and i was impressed.. but i don't really like the body-shape.. if they made the EDC-body with the EDA sound.. woah ! :D

5. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I liked the ones I played at stores, not the best set up but that can allways be changed. Sound wise it was pretty good, I really liked the piezo's on the EDA. Very usefull for chords and tapping. Overall a nice nice bass, but not as many tones as I would like (I'm a bridge pickup kinda guy). Very good for its price, and I might pick one up if I have the spare cash on me. (Still saving up for a stack and a sixer right now)

6. At one time or another, I've owned the 900 and the 905. The 900 is what I picked up when I decided I needed to start playing again. Good, solid instrument and I loved the playability and the range of tones I could get out of it.

When I wanted to try a 5, I got the 905 and all of the above applied. I thought the B was decent and not too sloppy.

But... then I found my Cirrus 5 and it was all over for the EDAs.