Anyone here Play an Ibanez EDA Series Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hindsight, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I play and EDA 905 and im just curious as to how many people have played or own one of these killer instruments.

2. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I played one once, in a store.
  3. what did you think about it
  4. i tried one in a store few weeks ago and i was impressed.. but i don't really like the body-shape.. if they made the EDC-body with the EDA sound.. woah ! :D
  5. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I liked the ones I played at stores, not the best set up but that can allways be changed. Sound wise it was pretty good, I really liked the piezo's on the EDA. Very usefull for chords and tapping. Overall a nice nice bass, but not as many tones as I would like (I'm a bridge pickup kinda guy). Very good for its price, and I might pick one up if I have the spare cash on me. (Still saving up for a stack and a sixer right now)
  6. At one time or another, I've owned the 900 and the 905. The 900 is what I picked up when I decided I needed to start playing again. Good, solid instrument and I loved the playability and the range of tones I could get out of it.

When I wanted to try a 5, I got the 905 and all of the above applied. I thought the B was decent and not too sloppy.

But... then I found my Cirrus 5 and it was all over for the EDAs.