anyone here play Dance Dance Revolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Jan 5, 2004.

1. any of you guys play dance dance revolution? me and my friends gave it a try a while back in the arcade and had a blast, so now we all have it on PS2 and i must say, this is one of the coolest games ever made :p

not to mention its basically aerobics in a game. me and a friend played the workout mode for about two hours the other night and it said we had "danced" the equvialent of something like 5.642 miles! what a cool way to workout :D

ill include a pic of my pad. for those that dont know what this game is heres a brief explanation. the dance pad has four arrows and in the game techno songs play and arrows scroll on the screen to match the music. you have to hit the arrows at the right time (it gauges your accuracy in how good your timing is) and you build up combos and stuff to raise your score. this game can be very challenging, as most songs are in the 170+ bpm range and you have to hit the arrows at quarter and eightnote speeds (sometimes you have to hit two arrows at once) i highly recommend this game for anyone that wants to have a fun way to work out or just a good party game (we had a blast with it at the new years party we had) all in all, this game that started out as a japanese uber trend is really a good way to get some good exercise and have fun at the same time (sure beats treadmills!)

2. Seems like a good way to lose some weight ! I'm getting me one !

On that note.. have you ever played " Samba Di Amigo " on the Dreamcast ? It's pretty similar to DDR, but you have to use two maraca's ( samba-balls ) instead of your feet.

Realy wicked :D

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah, this thinks BEATS A TREADMILLS ASS ;). it's a pretty fun game too. the little plastic mat thingies are actually really good quality too, i thought anyway.
    i was watching extended play on Tech TV a while ago, and they had a whole feature on DDR, and those asians are crazy! people lost a lot of wieght too.
  4. yes! long live the magic maracas :D god how i wish i still had my dreamcast :(
    there was also a drumming game and a guitar game i saw in the arcade a while back, they didnt look as cool though...

samba and DDR are classics though!
  5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    All those types of games started with beat mania, where there were five keys and a turntable. There are also guitar and drum versions, and they can be synched together. And yes, those Asians are crazy. (I'm Asian by the way)