1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here play different instruments?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by m9lc, Jul 18, 2007.

1. m9lc

m9lc

Feb 16, 2007
    I play the mellophone in marching band (used to play concert French horn, but I'm switching to bass in band for next year) as well as a little piano. I also sing, if that counts :meh:

2. I play sousaphone in MB, and tuba in band. Used to be a woodwind guy, but not any more.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Drums, Guitar, Sing

4. shoeline

shoeline

Jan 13, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    melodica, keyboards, piano, guitar, mostly computer.

5. just guitar, and a tiney bit of piano

6. bassplayer57

bassplayer57

Aug 15, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Any percussion instrument, bassoon, and I know a little bit of piano!

7. Lets see here... I do tuba, trombone, timpani, (slide)guitar, and i can do some (not much) on alto and tenor sax and trumpet.

8. raebasso

raebasso

Jul 26, 2007
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Tenor Sax in community band, fretless in latin jazz combo, upright in orchestras, violin/viola for teaching..................

9. skidude

skidude

Aug 15, 2007
    Leland, NC
    I've played trumpet, baritone, tuba, piano, rythm guitar, electric bass and upright bass. I can fiddle with a fiddle, but I'm not really a player.

10. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    trumpet, baritone, french horn, tuba, piano, guitar, electric bass, cymbals

I just started learning to play viola now also. Overall, I'm probably strongest with the piano. It was my first instrument.

11. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Interesting how many of us bassists play or have played brass instruments in the past. I majored in trumpet through college, 150,000,000 years ago. I hung it up as I gradually started gigging exclusively on bass.

I still love to play guitar; used to gig on it, but there are a lot of great guitarists out there. I particularly like playing classical guitar these days. As an offshoot, I leave ukulele laying around the house. Love 'em. They were my first instrument, when I was maybe four or five.

Some electric bass if the pay's good. Not very often anymore.

All that, and piano of course.

12. upright (but that's not a different instrument)
    guitar
    mandolin
    piano
    balalaika
    banjo
    tamborine

13. Amokoma

Amokoma

Feb 4, 2007
    Norway
    I play (around with) different drums, some guitar, a little flute, very little piano and virtually no mellotron.

14. milomo

milomo

Aug 5, 2007
    Bloomfield, NJ
    I'm also a tenor saxophonist, I've actually been playing that longer than I've been playing the bass. I've been playing tenor professionally in New York since 1990, and been teaching it at the New School since '98. Playing both instruments is lots of fun, and has led to an very interesting and fulfilling double life. I get this sort of thing a lot - "You know, there's a bass player who looks just like you", or "any relation to the Mike Karn who plays tenor". It's always good for a laugh.

15. Past Brass?

Trombone
    Trumpet
    French Horn

Past Woodwind:

Clarinet
    Flute
    Sax

Past (or a bit still) in general:

Keys
    Percussion
    Guitar
    Vocal

16. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    5-string banjo Scruggs style
    mandolin Monroe style
    guitar bluegrass rhythm
    radio various bands (FM, short wave, AM) :)

17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Electric bass, guitar, drums, piano. Of those on the list, I am only competent at electric bass.

18. milomo--You know/heard of Dayna Stephens? Same instrument combo as you. Killing player. Goes back and forth between NY and the Bay Area.

19. milomo

milomo

Aug 5, 2007
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Yeah, I know Dayna, we've hung several times at a couple of different clubs in NY. He's a good guy who can really play both instruments.