Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here play one of the new Parker basses yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Jacobs, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    I know they're showing some new ones at NAMM and I was wondering if anyone's had a chance to take one for a spin yet.

2. I played the that they have at Bass Northwest (www.bassnw.com) a few days ago. FIrstly, I like many others, was a little disappointed with the aesthetics of the bass after seeing Steve Swallow's bass and even the Parker guitars. I just think the body looks kind of stubby and I don't like the lower horn. However, I know they need to hit a price point and this is all just my opinion. As far as the sound an playablility go, I was pleasantly surprised. The bass was very light (they said around 7.5 pounds for the 5 string). The carbon fiber covered neck is quite thin (front to back) and wide and fast feeling and the action on this particual bass was very low without any fret buzz. The bass had a very articulate, hyped-up jazz bass sound and you could dial in all the highs from the peizo, lows, and throaty bark than you would ever need. I thought it had a killer slap tone, but quite modern sounding. Anyway, I would say that for $2k or a little less (what the bass was selling for), it is worth it. My only real complaint other than in the looks department is the nobs for the electronics etc.; they are rubbery and feel cheap and I think I would replace them if I bought the instrument. Anyway, I hope this helps

-Chris

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    do a search there have been comments posted in the past.