Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone here play pool(pocket billiards)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clef360, Jan 14, 2004.

1. For the past few years, I've been really interested in playing pool. I don't really play consistently; sometimes i'll go a few months without playing and sometimes I'll play every day for a few weeks. The reason I'm mentioning this is because right now I'm stuck between getting bass gear and a quality pool cue:D . So...anyone else play or have this problem?

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah, about 6 times a day between lectures at uni :D

I'm terrible though. I'm certain I hold the uni record for knocking balls of the table. I kind of got ok at it just before xmas then the 3 week break saw my aquired skills dissolve into a mass of nothingness...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Ha!

"playing pocket billiards"

...has a very different meaning to me!! ;)

And to a lot of UK comedy writers - going by the number of times I have heard this used in sketches,stand-up etc. :D

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I was thinking the same actually when I posted:D

5. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I think I have it real good - in my basement, I have all mine and band's gear as well as a pool table, so I get to play both as often as I like.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My mum moved into a new house recently which has a room with nothing in it except for a pool table. I think she got it so her sons would come and visit more often :)

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I find the game frustrating. The angles to hit and all of that seem logical to me, but I can not put "english" on my shots. UGH!

-Mike