anyone here play pool(pocket billiards)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clef360, Jan 14, 2004.

1. For the past few years, I've been really interested in playing pool. I don't really play consistently; sometimes i'll go a few months without playing and sometimes I'll play every day for a few weeks. The reason I'm mentioning this is because right now I'm stuck between getting bass gear and a quality pool cue:D . So...anyone else play or have this problem?
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah, about 6 times a day between lectures at uni :D

I'm terrible though. I'm certain I hold the uni record for knocking balls of the table. I kind of got ok at it just before xmas then the 3 week break saw my aquired skills dissolve into a mass of nothingness...
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"playing pocket billiards"

...has a very different meaning to me!! ;)

And to a lot of UK comedy writers - going by the number of times I have heard this used in sketches,stand-up etc. :D
  4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I was thinking the same actually when I posted:D
  5. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I think I have it real good - in my basement, I have all mine and band's gear as well as a pool table, so I get to play both as often as I like.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My mum moved into a new house recently which has a room with nothing in it except for a pool table. I think she got it so her sons would come and visit more often :)
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I find the game frustrating. The angles to hit and all of that seem logical to me, but I can not put "english" on my shots. UGH!