Anyone here seen Moonalice?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kesslari, Aug 4, 2009.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
  2. Gries Amps

Gries Amps Commercial User

May 14, 2008
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Owner, Gries Amplification
    I saw them a couple of months ago in Fall River, MA. A very small venue, I got a seat maybe 15' from Jack Casady & G.E. Smith. Great show. They did two 90 minute sets. G.E. Smith was amazing; every note was perfect. Realizing that I first heard Jack Casady with Jefferson Airplane 41 (or 42) years ago...........I don't know why they list everyone as a bassist on their site's Bio page. Jack was the only one who played bass.

3. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    I believe Jack only joined them for a handful of shows on the tour. A friend of mine saw one of the shows without Jack, and everyone else in the band took turns in the bass chair. Apparently Sless and Sears are both pretty good bass players!

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I think I'm going to see them up here in Felton. Sears used to drive the Jeff Starship pretty well. We'll see if Jack or Phil show :D

5. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    The band is made up of seven bass players, six coming from The Flying Other Brothers band, with Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane joining as the main featured bass player. Jack Casady is featured on the 2009 tour dates.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021