1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here use a keyboard amp for their bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chriss, Jun 4, 2007.

1. chriss

chriss

Apr 27, 2007
    I have been looking for an amp that has multiple inputs. I need that so I can have my EUB and my EB plugged in and EQ'd at the same time.

Any thoughts on this amp in particular?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVKB5

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Just get an A/B box to plug both basses in.

I use a 60 watt keyboard amp for practice, but we've got electric drums and no blaring halfstacks. I could possibly get away with it on stage if we kept stage volume down, but I don't have a reason to try.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike TTRPG enthusiast, Happy, Joyous, & Free. Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    not really experienced with the amp in question but.......

most keyboard amps/speakers are really just PA equipment in another box (if they are good anyhow). as such, they make excellent bass guitar amplifiers. some may find them a bit sterile sounding, but that's a matter of taste. the biggest question would be can in reproduce the low octaves to your satisfaction and will it get loud enough to do the job?

4. chriss

chriss

Apr 27, 2007
    Thanks for the replies.
    As for A-B -Box, that does not solve the issue of the diffrent eq's required by my basses(Ergo EUB and Groove Tools 4 string)

I have been considering the EBS Microbass II pre/DI into a power amp into Avatar cab.

But I would love a one box solution, other than the PJB Suitcase. 1200.00 is just more than I want to spend and still need an extension cab

Thank again
    chris

5. chriss

chriss

Apr 27, 2007
    Oh, I should mention that I would not be using this for large jobs. Just medium gigs and if it were larger I would use it as a monitor.
    Thanks again
    chris

6. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I've used a Peavey KB-300 for a bass amp for a couple of years and it's worked just fine.

7. I used a Yorkville 300watt 2x10 combo in stereo for a while, and it sounded really nice - as has been mentioned, it's basically like a little P.A. mixer>poweramp>speakers all in one package.

You'd be suprised how loud some keyboard combos can get and remain clean...

8. Still using Peavey KB300 mentioned above for a rehearsal amp at my keyboard player place. Truth be told it was never that great of a keyboard and not especially good for bass but in a low volume rehearsal where vocal need to be heard as well it does just fine.

9. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Out of curiosity, what bothered you about it? I ran a Korg Trinity Pro through it for years, though I never had to take it over 50% volume and it served me quite well in all registers. I usually used piano, organ, string/piano layers and analog synth sounds. For the bass, it was a pain to get it eq'd, especially with the active pups, but once I got it dialed in I really liked the tone.

10. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    I tried a Roland 1x12 combo one time...I won't say that I didn't like it, but it DAMN SURE DIDN"T LIKE ME!:( :rollno: :scowl:

I couldn't get a decent tone for jack! Didn't cut through! Hell, never mind the drummer, the keyboard player drowned me out!

I never did so much swearing in church in my life!:eek:

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021