1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here with a Sony Mylo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Sep 25, 2008.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I'm thinking about getting a second generation Sony Mylo WiFi device for my wife - she's handicapped and has a hard time getting to the desktop PC in the office. She uses her Treo for the web right now, so a small device like the Mylo would be an improvement.

I'm wondering how well the browser handles multimedia rich websites.

[​IMG]

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I have always been curious about these, too.

I think there's a big market for devices like these when the price comes down a bit more.

There are probably 8 zillion reviews of it at Amazon.com. Might be a good place to start.

Another option, if your budget for the device can go a bit higher - is one of the fairly new mini laptops. Asus has several. HP has one. And Dell just entered the market with Inspiron Minis.

When that Mylo hits the $100 price point, I'm in. :)

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Bumpski?

4. iPod Touch.

Does everything the Mylo does, and does it better. Only downsides are that it doesn't have a physical keyboard, but the touchscreen keyboard's very usable, and that the browser doesn't support Flash (but, then again, neither does the Mylo's). The browser on the Touch supports pretty much everything else though - I read TalkBass on mine all the time. :D

The other option would be a netbook - the ASUS Eee is very good (as long as you don't mind using Linux), and the new Dell Mini Inspiron's getting good reviews too.