1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone in B2B (business to business) sales?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Hey guys,

In one of my senior marketing classes we've been assigned to interview a current or former B2B salesperson. I personally do not know anyone involved in that line of work, so I was wondering if one of my TB brothers could help me out.

I just need to ask you or someone you know 10 or so questions about your daily routine, what sorts of products or services you sell, how you do sales calls, how you handle rejection from potential clients, how you maintain client relationships, and several other things of that nature.

It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do, and it will help me graduate!

James

2. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Might have found someone, but I'll bump this in case it falls through!

3. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

Drop me a PM if that falls through and I'll see if I can hook you up with one of my sales people.

4. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    No. But, I work for a company in the business-to-business sales world. I'm in IT. I can pretend to answer your questions if that helps you graduate.

5. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Q: What's your daily schedule as a b2b guy? A: Make the world a living hell for the IT guy.

:D

6. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Haha!

Fortunately, I think Tat2dHeart might be able to hook me up with someone from her company :)

7. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Depends on who you speak to, I can see these answers varying greatly.

On their daily routine, half the ones I deal with would likely answer something along the lines of: "Well at 5am I wake up with a shocking hang-over and check the surf, if it's not on I'll head back to bed for a few hours. When I eventually wake up I'll lounge around for a little while before skim reading a bunch of emails, but not doing anything about them."

8. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    As the Director of Business Development, I'd say my title fits your description.

Rejection after 6 months of work on a 40M sale, yup, I know that call. If you need someone just let me know.

9. I do B2B sales, and I'm happy to help. Let me know if you still need someone.