1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone in DFW have a bass comp. pedal to sell?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stefean, Oct 8, 2009.

1. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    No guitar store within several hundred miles seems to have a bass compressor pedal. I was hoping to get one by tomorrow afternoon. This is a shot in the dark, but does anyone?

Thanks.

2. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    no guitar center in the area? aim for a BBE OptoStomp.

3. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    There are several guitar centers. Non have bass compressors in stock, and have told me GC's usually won't. They have one or two comps. that don't really work with guitar range.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Many compressors are not specifically Bass Compressors. Like mentioned above... the BBE OptoStomp is a fine low cost compressor that works excellently on bass.

Another is the Demeter Compulator, thought not as inexpensive.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    GC @ Central Dallas has the MarkBass Compressore, $249.

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Let us know exactly which "guitar compressors" they have in stock at your area GC's, and we will tell you which ones are good on bass.

7. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    I'll let you guys know, I appreciate it. I'm not new at bass, but aside from a mutli-chorus and pedal tuner I've never been much on pedals. I'll send the in stock compressors tomorrow.
    To whoever said GC has the Markbass compressore in central dallas, I'm going to check on that. Thanks a great deal.

8. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    PM sent. :)

9. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    I ended up getting the Markbass Compressore. I must say it was an excellent choice. Thanks everyone.

10. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    The GC I spoke to elsewhere did in fact say there were no bass compressors in stock in any GC's nearby. Always verify, I guess.