Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone in europe managed to get an Ameri. standard??

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Peter Kaae, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Peter Kaae

Peter Kaae

Oct 10, 2004
    Denmark
    I wondered if anyone here in europe have somehow managed to get an american standard double bass over here?

I´ve read some of the comments about this bass here on talkbass, and would seriously like to try one out..,,as a matter of fact, i believe they are made (partly?) here in Europe (germany?)..

2. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    I emailed Mr. Arnold Schnitzer 2 times, but never got an answer, i was really interested in getting one , at least i was expecting an answer to my mails, even if it was to say that he wouldnt ship here..anyway, the basses look great and from what i've read sound great too... really would like to put my hands on one.

NUNO

3. basstef

basstef Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Bologna, Italy
    You guys mean old American Standard basses or the "New Standard" by A.Schnitzer ?

Anyway I recently purchased an old AS from Uptonbass (serial # 40). I bought it "as is" and had it restored here in Italy. Shipping charges were not so high, but custom duties were, so check out the declared value ! Anyway the trip was fine, the bass was well packed and it got here in about 10 days. I am very happy with it, it has a loud, dark, projecting and quite sophisticated sound for a laminated bass ;)
    A great backup axe.

Good luck with your search.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    You could always post your question to Arnold on his discussion board:

http://www.newstandardbass.com/phpBB2/index.php

5. Peter Kaae

Peter Kaae

Oct 10, 2004
    Denmark
    ""you guys mean old American Standard basses or the "New Standard" by A.Schnitzer ?""

It is the "new" A.Standard, that I am interested in, (I do not believe the old ones where manufactured in Germany ;^)

6. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Just to update that Mr Arnold Schnitzer kindly contacted me, he was very kind and answered my questions, im very happy for that and i hope in the future i will purchase one of his basses.

NUNO