Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone in Los Angles check out harry connick jr. last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jchikhale, Apr 5, 2002.

1. jchikhale

jchikhale

Feb 25, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    the show was amazing, the kodak theatre was amazing. they could have added a litle more bass to the house mix though. just wondering if any other talkbassers were there.

2. i wasnt there but the drummer in my band went. He said the Kodak theater kicks ass. The acoustics were perfect in his opinion. He also said that there was tons of chicks.

Get lucky?

3. jchikhale

jchikhale

Feb 25, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    my girlfriend was the one who bought the tickets, so i guess i scored twice.

4. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I wanted to see that show- Harry C does some great arrangements, & is a very talented player-
    I know he used to use Russell Malone on guitar, that would really be a treat-saw him w/ Diana Krall-outstanding-
    I 1st went to the Kodak because for her B-day, my wife (mother of my child!!) wanted to see....
    BARRY MANILOW!!!
    Ok, at least I have a forum here that I can purge this in!!:D BTW, hsi band rocked (local players in horn section, & his pianist-arranger-bandleader has chops up the wazoo- I don't know who the Fender player was, I think he tours with the ensemble-hey they smoked!! It is a gig and Barry is a pro!!
    Now don't flame me, I listen to "Trane!!:cool:

Anyway, the Kodak is very sweet, good sitelines, good acoustics, all brand new, real classy-even parking wasn't that bad- however, my vote for sweetest concert venue in LA- the WILTERN!