1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ANYONE IN NJ HAVE AN EDEN WT550?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Aug 31, 2008.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i'm thinking about making a tonal upgrade from my ampeg 4 pro amp but I want to be able to try it out in a band setting. I would only need it for a few hours on 9/6/08 for a gig I have. I can leave my ampeg as collateral or cash if need be.

mods if this needs to be moved, feel free to do so.

would also check out a wt800.

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i didn't think this will go over well.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    to the top.

4. Tedddy

Tedddy

Dec 3, 2007
    There is a store in MOrrisville PA called ProLine music that carries a lot of Eden gear (right across the river from Trenton)

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    if you're in northern NJ, try the north paramus GC, that used to be the old victor's house o' music. i'm not sure now, but when they were victor's, they carried eden.

6. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
  7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i'm going to call them today. i don't think they have eden stuff anymore.

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    bump.

9. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    for what its worth shawn I love my wt550 and think the wt800 would be killer if you love a round sound (my best description) with the potential for heavy low end thunder when you engage the "bass" and "lows" EQ adjustments....

eden has got the low end covered!!!! love their semi-parametrics, but when used in extreme they can sound "pointed"....

can I get a witness???

still love the hybrids!!!!!!

10. xampworshipx

xampworshipx

Jul 13, 2008
    I had a 550. sold it recently (I lived in Philly at the time). It is not even remotely loud enough for playing with a loud rock band. It's definitely loud, just not the level of loudness I needed.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    all the eden heads i've tried have been awesome. set flat, and just jam. i've never had a bad experience with one. even with crappy no name cabs. 500 watt amp kept up with two marshall half stacks with ease, i just think the wt800 would better suit me.

12. xampworshipx

xampworshipx

Jul 13, 2008
    Do your guitarists play at like one? I had the 550 running through one of the newer sunn 2x15s and it kept overloading/shutting itself off if I pushed it past like 7 (which I needed to do to keep up with a single JCM800 at show-volume)

I mean don't get me wrong, it sounds really good. WAYYY better than a SVT (which is colorless in my opinion), but it just can't push the air.

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i think the reason you couldn't compete was you were running an 8ohm cab. the wt550 is only running 300 watts at 8ohm which is nothing. thats probably why you had a problem keeping up.

the one time i used one of the eden highwayman 500 heads was with a full swr stack. 2 4ohm cabs meant 750watts. which competed nicely with two loud downtuned guitars.

the other one, was a 4ohm load which was 500 watts, and even though i cranked it up, i still had plenty of headroom. i plan to run it with a 4ohm cab until i upgrade to two eden cabs and get them at 2ohms.

14. xampworshipx

xampworshipx

Jul 13, 2008

fair. still had a problem at 4 ohms. But if you're used to SVT volume's id spring for the bigger one. I definitely like the tone on them though.

15. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    the wt800 is what i'm hoping for honestly. i would settle on a wt550 and make it work for me with getting some better cabs.

16. PapaJustice

PapaJustice

Dec 28, 2007
    Boston