Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone in the 82nd airbourne?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Feb 22, 2005.

1. I have a good friend in it, graduated last weekend I think it was, just wondering if anyone that is in it could give him a hello

2. If he just graduated from Airborne School he's probably going to take a little time off before he actually gets there. Keep in mind Division is pretty big, like around 25,000 people including support. Nowadays with units being transferred around, even if you know what company, batallion and brigade he's in you'd probably still have a hard time getting a hold of him!

3. well, still love to try, my best friend from back home. Thought it'd be great to have someone go up to him and tell him Woodie says Hi

4. If you know when he's supposed to get there, you spend the first week in the replacement detachment- that's the central point where you process into Division and actually get your permanent duty assignment. It might be longer if a lot of Division is deployed.

5. jayzarecki

jayzarecki

Feb 23, 2005
    san diego, CA
    nah sorry dude the two sax players i knew over there got out in like 2000

6. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I was born at Ft Dragg (Bragg), it's a big place. As stated previously, the 82nd huge. Fayetteville (aka Fayett-Nam, Fatalburg) is a typical military town. With all the "unpleasantness" across the ocean, I doubt he will be there very long.

Mike

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I was there 92, 93, 94, 95.

I still have contacts there.
    Do you have any idea what his job (MOS) is?
    I help you locate him if you want.

PM or Email me.

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    My guess is 11 bushbeater.

Mike