anyone in the Boston Area?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by schmittuml, Feb 6, 2006.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    looking for anyone in the Boston area to maybe meetup and try some pedals. Also in the future, I will be looking for someone to put together my pedalboard, makin sure everything is ppowered and just made done up neatly (i will deifnitely pay a good price). PM me if your in the area.

Any good shops with pedals? I know about Boston Guitar Works but they hate to actually work and wont take anything out of a case or pulgin an amp for you.... any good shops that'll let you try out pedals?

2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Daddy's Junky on Mass. Ave, and (I assume) Guitar Center on Comm. Ave. Is boston guitar works a little friendlier if you actually want to buy something? i was planning on going there to test out heads, considering the actually carry my cab (schroeder).
  3. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    anyone else? perhaps someone I could meet up and just try out someone whos got a bunch of effects or anythin?

looking for someon to be able to help with the board....

timmy tucker - ive seen moe. 24 times..... SICK SICK band.
  4. PM me if you are looking for an experienced technician to build you a board. I'm not one to tell anyone what boxes to use or how to use them. That part is personal preference AFA I'm concerned but I should be able to build you a pretty bulletproof board from whatever you decide you want. I don't come dirt cheap but I don't kill people on labor either. We can discuss more details in PM.

A few years back I bought and traded some vintage pedals at cambridge music center. They didn't have any problem with me trying stuff out there. Used sound (now rockin bobs guitars, I think - same owner) in davis square is cool but their selection is not super large, much more hit or miss -

WRT my experience @ boston guitar works:
    I dealt with the owner of boston guitar works when he had his second store on mass ave (since closed) and did make some purchases from him (one bass and one synth - he gave me plenty of chance to try stuff). He seemed to know his stuff and was very helpful most of the time. I'm sure I tested his patience once or twice and it showed a little. He did tend to be pretty protective of his vintage (usually too high an asking price) and boutique pedals. I'm pretty sure that the mass ave location stressed him out a bit because in addition to serious players he got a lot people who were just there to diddle around and also a lot of kids who were trying to walk out with stuff.