Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone interested in attending Steve Lawson's clinic in San Jose?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xyllion, Jan 14, 2004.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Solo bassist Steve Lawson will be teaching an all-day bass clinic in San Jose, CA on January 24. This will be a small clinic limited to 12 students. It appears that we currently have 5 seats left open and I would very much like to help Steve fill this clinic to encourage him to tour California next year again. He only does a handful of shows and clinics in California each year. This should be an incredible opportunity to learn from him and to listen to him play.

The cost for the clinic is only $55 for the day. All money will be going directly to Steve to help him pay for his travel expenses while he is in our country. If you are interested in attending, please email me for more details.

2. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Details please. Looping? Bass playing? Both?

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    It is actually wide open and will be driven by the attendees. He plans to cover both looping and bass playing to some extent. The current proposed schedule is 10am - 4:30pm with a lunch break in the middle.

Steve will have his rig and we will setup at least one other rig. Everyone is encouraged to bring a bass since there will be some hands-on time. Mark Wright of Accugroove is also planning to attend if you have any questions for him.

Did I miss anything? Oh yea, we are keeping this small because I have volunteered my living room for Steve to use for this event. Come on out, learn from Steve and meet some fellow bassists from the San Francisco Bay area.

To reserve a spot for this, email me and let me know that you are coming. Payment can sent directly to Steve as PayPal or you can pay him in person at the clinic. Please be sure to email me. I will be sending out directions to all of the registered attendees this weekend.

Thanks and let's keep Steve coming back!

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Just located this description that Steve had posted to the Looper's Delight mailing list. I think this is the most descriptive yet:

We currently have 4 slots left open and I'd really like to have them filled for Steve. Come on out and enjoy a day of learning bass.

5. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    IMPORTANT for Attendees:

Watch out for Steve's email regarding a change in venue for this event!!!!