1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone into accordions??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ManuelJG, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Well, my grand father gave me his accordion to sell it so I can satisfy some GAS. The problem is that neither of us knows how much it is worth.
    It is a Hohner 200 F and it has been in it's case for a long time (20 years I think), it has some minor issues but other than that it's in mint condition. Any help will be really appreciated :).

here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    Manuel

2. That is a beautiful instrument. If I were you, I'd just keep it. I bet that someday you'll regret selling it. Plus, accordion rules.
    Looks like some of the keys have fallen down. I don't know what causes that in an accordion, exactly, but I've got a little pump organ with the same problem, and it's nasty. Might require a good deal of fixing.

3. Welcome to Heaven, here's your harp.

Welcome to Hell, here's your accordion.

:smug:

4. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I love accordions, and that one looks basic but nice. Hohner is a well-regarded brand, for accordions anyway. Things an accordion buyer will ask you:
    Are there any leaks in the bellows?
    Are all the reeds in tune, and are any of them loose?
    Have there been any repairs?

My guess, considering it needs some repairs, and not knowing if that is one of their "professional" models or what, is it is worth about $50 USD. But that's just a guess.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    These guys know just about everything about accordions, shoot 'em an email or give 'em a call: http://www.petosa.com/.

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    There's an accordianist out of Providence,RI named Alec K. Redfearn, who is a musical genius! He's one my most favorite musicians performing today;weird, sad, frightening and eerily melodic.

He stayed at my house a few weeks ago, great guy. It's not very often you can have your musical heroes over for dinner and discuss life over old Rolling Stones vinyl.

7. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    A guy I used to play with has a Hohner accordion from the 1960s finished in 14K gold, currently worth about $15,000! I think your instrument definitely has some value.

8. Thanks! I was thinking about keeping it, but you know, I think I need something I can play (clue: a bass).

I hope it is worth a little more, so I can buy something nice :bassist:

Thanks a lot for the link! I'll send them an e-mail.

I hope it :hyper:

Thanks everyone for your answers :D

Manuel

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Use an accordion, go to jail.