Anyone Into Knives?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Feb 12, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Here's my everyday's a CRKT folder. Its a solid little knife but, I'm looking to upgrade. I recieved this one as a gift, from my knife-nut buddy. It's been great, but theres a few things i'm not crazy about. I'm not a fan of the tonto blade. It looks wicked, but its not very functional. I love the opening mechanism of this knife though. It has a little piece you can flick it open all quick with one hand (Theres probably an actual term for this).

Anyone else into knives, or have any recommendations on good quality well built knives? I'm also looking for a good fixed blade.
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  3. I know Jack (aka KSDbass) is into knives.
    Sorry for the meaningless post...:D

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    tanto blade. I find them extremely functional.

I have a lot of knives, sort of a collection.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Pics? Descriptions?
  6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I'm quite the chef and love my knives.
  7. Knives are so yesterday. I'm into sporks.

- Dave
  8. Pshhh!! Everyone knows that the best knife is the one mounted on the end of a rifle. :p
  9. sbocaj55

Feb 11, 2006
    Blacksburg, VA
    My roommate and I are real into knives. My personal favorite and affordable makes are Gerber and Smith&Wesson. My roommate carries two Gerber's aroudn most of the time. I don't carry mine around since I got the big Extreme Ops ones...but I do keep them in my desk drawer and use them a lot. Both are very high quality, easy to open, and pretty affordable. They both also offer a pretty good selection for whatever you need. For your daily carry expect to spend $25-$35 for either of them, purchased online.
  10. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm really liking the Benchmade knives. Here's my current dream knife. I doubt I'll drop the $ on it though cause its real pricey.

I might check out a Spyderco. Heard great things about them. My friend recommended a similar (maybe the same) Spyderco...the Delica. Its super light weight and very strong. Nice knife.
  11. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    yeah, I'm about as big as a 14 year old can get into knives. for everyday carry I've got a Kershaw blur with Speed safe (best invention ever by the way), but for things like when I run I have a spyderco Rescue 93 mm with an AUS-8 blade and a molded pocket clip, which I don't believe are made anymore. it weights like 3 ounces though. then for when I really need to conceal something I have a couple of cold steel Jungle darts, a delta dart, a Torpedo, and the karambit they make. thenf or when I'm camping and stuff I have an SOG Seal knife 2000, the seal pup elite, and a couple no name sheath knives. did I mention my dad has a Randall :D ? I'm also waiting for my Emerson Super S.O.C.F.K., the cold steel FGX Sean Dhu, and a spyderfly to either come, or be available thanks to the production cycles our dear friend Mr. Emerson uses. And I would recommend Spyderco's to about anyone that will listen, the only problem is that seeing as you can't take the molded handle ones apart, once they get dirt in them their gone, plus they need oiling often once it's old. and instead of getting a delica, I would say go for a rescue 93 mm with a VG-10 blade and a micarta, G10, or Carbon Fiber handle because it will be one of the lighter knives you can own.
    edit: and thanks to 43% burnt, a 610 Rukus can now be added to my "on the way" list.
    edit again: you can also add a 425 gravitator to the on the way list. stupid website banners.
  12. Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    I have a CRKT (M16-03Z) and like that opening feature, too.

From CRKT's website:
    "All (M16) models feature the Carson Flipper, which is not only an aid to opening the blade, especially when wearing gloves, but acts as a blade guard when the blade is open."
  13. I've got about 30 knives, some higher quality and some regular cheapos. Prides include my Smith and Wesson and my Winchester kinves, along with a leather-handled fixed blade used by the Marines in WWII. I pick them up at sporting goods stores, the swapmeet, and some nice ones from mexico. I've also got a Morthoseth sword,
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I also carry a CRKT except I have the Crawford/Kasper Folder. I bought an M-16 for my friend though and I like the functionality of it quite a bit. I just wished that CRKT would use a better steal for these knives than AUS8 and AUS6.

brad cook
  15. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    This Beretta knife is one of the best I've owned. Seriously sharp, very light and easy to open.
  16. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    you don't like AUS-8? I heart me some AUS-8, but I'm not saying it's even close to the best so no need to start a flame war.
  17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

This was my 18th b-day present from my dad... its a good knife, though i don't have much use for it.

I also have a WWII reissue kabar, a few swiss utility knives, some random jogging knife... ya. oh, some stupid one my ex got me with a wolf on it.
  18. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  19. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    This is America. You don't bring knives to a gunfight.
  20. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I am GASsing for one right now. A friend got an idea from a book he read and made a Damascus (Okay, it's not REAL Damascus. It's three different steels forged together so it looks like Damascus) wazikashi* with a quilted maple, katana-length hilt.

I'm So trying to convince him to make me one like it. And then he should make them to sell.

*Wazikashi? Wakizashi? I always feel dyslexic writing that word. I am trying to refer to the second sword carried by a Samurai.