Anyone into Latin?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Howard K, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    I'm after a copy of a tune called 'Jogral' written by Jose Neto, Djavan and Filo Machedo. Ideally I want the version in the new real book by Flora Purim and Airto Moriera.

The reason being that we're playing it in my jazz class and I could really do with hearing it!

I've searched high and low and have eventualy ordered it online. However I expect it'll take weeks to get to me, so if anyone has a version they could email me as an mp3 It's be great. I know this is quite a big favour, but if you dont ask!

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Cogito ergo sum - nil desparandum...etc.

Oh you mean ....;)

No, I struggled with finding recordings of tunes in the Latin Real Book - they are hard if you've never heard them and it does say that, at the beginning of the book!!
  3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    Well this one in particular is a Patrido Alto rhythm. Now (after practice!) I can stamp me feet and clap/sing it, I can play it over one chord, but the way it anticipates the next bar, and plays on the & of one every other bar, I'm finding difficult to grasp.

Our group tutor is a bass player (Dave Jones) and he makes it groove really nicely, so I'm keen to nail it, but I think I really need to listen to it over and over because it's something I'm so unfamiliar with :rolleyes: