Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone into Latin?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Howard K, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    I'm after a copy of a tune called 'Jogral' written by Jose Neto, Djavan and Filo Machedo. Ideally I want the version in the new real book by Flora Purim and Airto Moriera.

The reason being that we're playing it in my jazz class and I could really do with hearing it!

I've searched high and low and have eventualy ordered it online. However I expect it'll take weeks to get to me, so if anyone has a version they could email me as an mp3 It's be great. I know this is quite a big favour, but if you dont ask!

cheers
    Howard

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Cogito ergo sum - nil desparandum...etc.

Oh you mean ....;)

No, I struggled with finding recordings of tunes in the Latin Real Book - they are hard if you've never heard them and it does say that, at the beginning of the book!!

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Well this one in particular is a Patrido Alto rhythm. Now (after practice!) I can stamp me feet and clap/sing it, I can play it over one chord, but the way it anticipates the next bar, and plays on the & of one every other bar, I'm finding difficult to grasp.

Our group tutor is a bass player (Dave Jones) and he makes it groove really nicely, so I'm keen to nail it, but I think I really need to listen to it over and over because it's something I'm so unfamiliar with :rolleyes: