Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone just see the fights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by narud, Mar 13, 2004.

1. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    mosley just got what he deserved after the robbery of latoya and jirov showed some pretty amazing heart. my prediction for winky wright's next fight......oscar. what did you guys think?

2. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I haven't a clue what you're talking about :D

3. Wednesday.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Mosley got what he deserved for fighting a better fighter, nothing to do with De La Hoya.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, Mosley got an @$$-whuppin'. Strange comments after the fight too about how he couldn't make his body do what he wanted it to do...sounds like excuses to me. Anyway, ya gotta give credit to Mosley for taking on a fight with Wright. A fight that De La Hoya wouldn't take, a fight that Mosley could have passed up for a much higher-paying fight. I think Mosley showed that he just wants to fight the best guys and it's about the competition and the sport. That's admirable.

Who knows who Wright will fight next...I wonder if this win over Mosley will force De La Hoya's hand and cause him to accept a fight with Wright. I know that's what Wrigth wants. Personally I'd rather see a Trinidad/Wright fight. I think Wright would dispatch De La Hoya just like he did Mosley. I think in all probability though Wright will have a rematch with Mosley next.

brad cook

6. Mosely is a good fighter, but he lost fair and square. It looked to me as though he might outbox Wright in one of the middle rounds, but the better man prevailed.

Imagine losing to a guy named, "Winky?" :D

As for the Mesi/Jirov bout, I thought Jirov was going to go down a few times, then he gave us that almost Rocky-type ending! If that fight had gone another thirty seconds, I would say that Jirov would have dropped Mesi. I do agree with the judges though; Mesi did fight better round for round. Jirov almost had it.

Mike

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i wanted to see jirov pull thought fight out bad because he is not a heavyweight. he shouldnt have moved up, but who is there to fight at crusier weight?

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    de la hoya is supposed to have his next two fights lined up. one tune up on the same card as hopkins and then the hopkins fight. that should be interesting. im not sure de la hoya's skills will carry to 160.

what mosley did was brave, but i dont think he was ever that good. he built his name looking very impressive against a bunch of jobbers, then out worked oscar in the first fight but by no means dominated him. then somehow pulled out a decision in the second fight by supposed powerful body shots all while getting out worked(i know hagler could have used those judges against leonard). other than that he hasnt beat anyone noteworthy. he lost every other big fight he has had.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    When I first heard about this fight, I said to myself, "What a dumb decision!" Knowing that he had a mega fight with Trinidad coming up, why would his dad book this fight? :confused: There's a reason why people have been ducking Winky for 3 years!