Anyone know a cajun/zydeco band in Houston?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by 7thbass, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    For corporate gig.

2. DrPepper09

DrPepper09

Jan 22, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Houston doesn't have any variety for the most part... we have death metal, pop rock, and rap... in most cases they're all terrible. If i hear of a cajun band in houston i'll let you know..

3. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    I used to play in a Cajun Zydeco band (Grand Texas). They broke-up 2 years ago when the founder relocated to Louisiana. There is a Zydeco night at the Big Easy.

4. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Lafayette isn't too far of a drive and there are plenty of cajun bands in between you could probably book to drive over.

5. There are a ton of Zydeco bands in Houston:The Zydeco Dots,Wifred Chavis,J Paul and the Zydeco Nubreeds,Lady D Zydeco,Step Rideau & the Zydeco Outlaws,Corey Ledet,Brian Jack,Bon Ton Mickey and the Zydeco Hotsteppers,C.J.Chenier (Clifton's son) Lil'Brian and the Zydeco Travelers........Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Shoot me a PM if you need help getting in touch with any of these bands.If I dont have contact on them my buddy who owns the Big Easy Social & Pleasure club will.
    L

6. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    Check with AFM Local 65-699 in Houston:

Wally

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021