1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone know a forum as good as this but for lead guitars?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jonathan w, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Jonathan w

Jonathan w

Jul 29, 2006
    I love this forum and I use it all the time when I want to find somehting out about bass. However im thinkin about getting a new electric guitar and cant seem to find guitar forums anywhere near as big as this

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There's one for rhythm guitarists, but not lead guitarists. Sorry.

:p

3. shooter_mi

shooter_mi

Sep 29, 2005
    Maine
    I'm curious too. Anybody got suggestions?

4. I've seen this asked numerous times, and I'm always proud to say that Talkbass is one of a kind.

A lead guitar form is like putting a match (discussion) into a can of gasoline (lead guitarists.)

Seriously....

I love good lead guitar, but if I have to hear an argument about Hendrix's innovation vs. the modern technique of Vai, and which one has been more impactful, and then some guy says Satriani is the bset of all and explains how he taught vai and is a living extension of hendrix. Then someone says "BUCKETHEAD IS THE BEST" and a efw people agree, then someone throws you "Rusty Cooley" and gets a few nods. Then someone suggests Kurt Kobain, and they all laugh.

Guitar forums are so disasterous.

We bassists take enough crap from time to time to just smile about it all

5. yeah, I have never understood why tb is as great as it is. I am currently theorizing that paul has magic powers

6. I don't think the intarweb could contain such a concentrated amount of ego in one website.

7. www.insaneguitar.com has a bunch of neat lessons if you're into shred. The forum isn't up to much though. I seem to recall the www.wholenote.com forums being alright- not been on for a while though. If anyone has any other suggestions I would also like to hear 'em :)

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    +1. I haven't seen another musician's forum like this. They're either polite and dead or heavily trafficked and utterly chaotic and acrimonious. This is the one site I've seen that has both a lot of activity and useful information.

9. There is no forums really worth while.

Guitarists and the huge conflicting egos dont get on well together

Drummers cant usually type

Vocalists, well, what would be the point!

10. EunosFD

EunosFD

Jun 7, 2006
    MD
    My favorite by FAR has to be The Gear Page (www.thegearpage.net/board). I'd say it's probably the closest to TB of the guitar forums out there. A wide cross section of players, quite a few pros, and relatively few boneheads. Plus they're gear nuts just like many TB'ers are. :)

11. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Anyone know a forum as good as this but for lead guitars?

Well, that is a bit of a contradiction. For one thing, a forum as good as this one just doesn't exist. But really, how could a forum be as good as this anyway, if it's about lead guitar?

12. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
  13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Maybe it's sign. There's no need to play lead guitar once you learn how to play bass. :bag:

14. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    +1

D

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's what the lead guitarist I play with says - all of the guitar forums he's ever visited are bad because everybody has a huge ego and every topic turns into an argument.

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    +1:D

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Maybe it's sign. There's no need to play lead guitar once you learn how to play bass. :bag:

18. That could be it, that we bassists are on a higher plain of existance :p