Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know a good fret guy (gal) in NYC?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, May 21, 2002.

1. Does any body know of a good fret person in the NY Metro area? I tried looking on the internet, but, kept getting someone in upstate N.Y. I just want somone to look at my Yammer to see what actually needs to be done without a runaround. The frets aren't quite as smooth at the edge of the neck as they could be, but, I think some of them just have to be filed. I'm almost positive the fingerboard did not shrink. It's a $400 bass, but, I love the sound. Yes, I am a perfectionist. ;)

Mike J.

2. I searched a little harder, and this is what I found:
    www.guitarboutique.com

Now, don't I feel silly? :(

Mike J.

3. If you are a perfectionist.Then one name comes to mind in NYC. Roger Sadowski.

4. I have a bass I hope to refret in the fall. I've been looking as well.

I've seen Jimmy's work (at the bassboutique - same as guitarboutique), and it looks good.

Roger quoted me a price that was higher than anyone else. I'm sure the work would be great, but...

If you can get out to Long Island/Queens, I've had a couple of people recommend Joe Pickhur in Floral Park.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

5. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring my bass (Yamaha BB5N II) to the guitarboutique this Saturday. When I do, I'll post the results. I think it just needs a fret dressing, but, I might ask them to do a few other things as well.

Mike J.