Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Know A Lot About Plants?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by razorbakc, Apr 13, 2004.

1. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    I have to do a short interview of someone who works with or knows a lot about plants. It would probably only take a few minutes for you to fill it out. If anyone is willing to do this post a comment. I'm going to start typing out parts of the interview.

2. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Section A. Background Info

Name:
    Current Residence:
    Birthplace:
    Ethnic Background:
    How you learned about plants:

If you don't want some of this I can just put N/A.

Section B. A General List of Useful Plants

What plants have een used traditionally in your family/ life?
    I need about 5-10 if possible.

Section C. A Short List of Promising Plants

Which of the plants you mentioned is your favorite and why?
    Which plant do you think is the most nutritious?
    Which plant is the most effective medicine?
    Which plant has been most important as part of your family tradition?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to fill this out. I hope whoever does takes this seriously. I know no one personally that could answer these questions, so that is why I am doing them over the internet.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You don't have to be a horticulturist to fill that out - anybody should be able to do it. (as long as they eat vegetables)
    You should be able to. (BTW - are you sure that's not the assignment?) Anyway, here:

Section A. Background Info

Name: Leo Pastorious
    Current Residence: On tour (USA)
    Birthplace: Seattle, WA
    Native Language: English
    Ethnic Background: Caucasian
    How you learned about plants: family, school, personal experience

If you don't want some of this I can just put N/A.

Section B. A General List of Useful Plants

What plants have been used traditionally in your family/ life?
    I need about 5-10 if possible.

(food plants)
    Green Beans
    Peas
    Carrots
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Potato
    Various fruit Trees
    (medicinal use)
    Aloe Vera
    Marijuana

Section C. A Short List of Promising Plants

Which of the plants you mentioned is your favorite and why?
    The Aloe Vera - because when applied to a burn it provides instant relief from the pain.

Which plant do you think is the most nutritious?
    I think that the Green Beans, Peas and Carrots are all probably very close to being equally nutritious, just slightly different in specific nutrients provided.

Which plant is the most effective medicine?
    The Aloe Vera has been the most useful for me personally, however I have never suffered an ailment that would necessitate medicinal marijuana which I know to be quite effective medicine to ease the pain and suffering of certain conditions. I cannot be sure which of the two is more effective medicine - Both are very effective medicine yet very different.

Which plant has been most important as part of your family tradition?
    Again, I cannot choose between two plants. Both Lettuce and Tomato from mom's garden are always served with the burgers at our family's 4th of July party, and this is one of our longest standing and proudest family traditions.

...there ya go - make sure you tell me what grade I get! ;)

4. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    thank you for filling that out, and yes, the assignment was ment as an interview.

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well you can tell your teacher that I think you'd learn more answering the questions yourself than you will interviewing others... but I hope I helped.

6. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Yeah, this particular teacher isn't the best. I could probably do better teaching it to myself with just a book. On the first day of school she said "I've never taught Bioligoy II before, so I am learning it only one day ahead of you guys."