Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know about Bradley Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by koi, Jan 3, 2001.

1. koi

koi

Jan 3, 2001
    I bought one with my Birthday money but thats the first time I ever saw one, I'm not familiar with them, I bought it because it sounded good and was the right price. Can anyone tell me more about them.

2. cole

cole

Sep 14, 2000
    Maryland
    I believe Bradley is the house brand for Veneman's Music. (sort of like Musician's Friend/Rogue or Sam Ash/Carlo Robelli) that's all I know.

3. koi

koi

Jan 3, 2001
    I got mine at Guitar Center if that helps...

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    AFAIK Bradley was Veneman's house brand. Veneman's is now Guitar Center in Rockville,MD.

5. koi

koi

Jan 3, 2001
    Oh OK. I'm from Towson, Md and I got mine at the Towson Guitar Center. So I guess that explains it. Is there a website that could tell me some stuff about it. I don't even know what the model is called.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There are several Bradley models. I think they're made in Korea and for what they cost are pretty nice basses. I had one of the Strat copies years ago that I bought from Venemans for $50 that a buddy of mine loved.

7. koi

koi

Jan 3, 2001
    Well they only seemed to have two models there. The other Model looked pretty much like a Squier P-Bass, but the only different one there was the one I snatched and it has 2 pick-up, not split ones thought (I just started playing so I'm not sure of what everything is called :D), and a pearl looking pick guard. Thats the only difference but mine seemed to be nicer for the same price as the others so I got that.