Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know about Copley basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnmallory34, Jun 13, 2003.

1. johnmallory34

johnmallory34

Jun 13, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I have been looking for a new bass on Ebay, and i have come across a lot of cheap basses by this company out of Nashville, TN called Copley. All of the basses are pretty much being sold by the same person. Have any of you guys heard of these basses or played them? I would like to know about the quality of them because they seem very nice. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Do a search here, there is a megathread somewhere with mr Copley himself answering questions and such.

3. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh BTW, welcome to TB!!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I bought a real cheap gig bag from Copley last fall... ok for the $20 shipped I spent, it served it's temp purpose but fell apart within a couple months. The Company was fine to deal with (thou they never left me a feedback :mad: ).

Definately search, there are alot of mentions of them here.

and welcome to TB

oh yeah, the basses are manufacured in Korea, I believe, and stamped with the Copley name (some others are stamped with different distributors names)

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :cool: I just got an apology from John Copley for the lack of feedback, he asked that I send the eBay # so he can place one.

Unfortunately it's been too long since the auction, and it wasn't really a big deal at the time or I would have said something then.

... I am still using the gig bag, the only problem is the plastic ring that holds the shoulder strap split... I just use the short handle when I need to bring an extra bass with me.

6. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Don't do it!! You would do much better by saving a little to purchase a much better bass. They are K-Mart quality.

7. Copleyguitars

Copleyguitars

Mar 5, 2003
    Just thought you guys would like to see some of the major label acts that are pleased with their Copley instruments. We feel these are unbeatable instruments for the money and so do several "artists and musicians that have actually made it" in the business.

Please check out the looks who's playing Copley page at http://www.copleyinstruments.com and judge for yourself. The site is very close to having a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE which should also help your decision.

Sincerely,

John Copley

PS If any of you saw Lone Star (BNA Records)playing for the president a week or so ago you heard the COPLEY CBE-59NT with our OEM Aguilar OBP-1 installed.

8. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    Is that like being almost alive??? There is a big difference!:eek:

9. [​IMG]
    Treena

10. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
  11. Copleyguitars

Copleyguitars

Mar 5, 2003
    Just thought I would let you guys know, the 14 day money back guarantee is up and running at copleyguitars.com just as I promised. There is also free shipping til' Christmas!

Hope all of you have a great Christmas!

Sincerely,

John Copley

12. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I bought a 5ver off Ebay. Won't stay in tune, won't intonate. Took it to be setup and it couldn't be done . Sounds and looks good; neck is just crap. Gave it to my son and he wasn't happy. Now he's playing my Cort Curbow...

13. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.