anyone know about the ampeg BA-115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassist519, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    I was wondering if anyone knows about the ampeg BA-115 bass combo? is it good or not? I already have a yamaha RBX270.

2. Sworn

Feb 27, 2003
    So Cal
    well what are you looking for in a combo amp? I own one for practice in the garage and works great for small gigs. It has a tweeter and nifty and easy-to-mess-with EQ. I like it.
  3. Sorry to be an ass, but this REALLY beloings in amps.
  4. I own that amp. It's powerful enough for small local shows and stuff like that. Its got a nice sound, but when you wanna be REAL loud, it loses its clarity and definition.

Its definitely great for small gigs, but as of now I crave more power!It sounds really nice and complements my basses,too.
  5. If all you wanna do is small gigs it's definitely a really good amp to use..and besides most of the times I've been offered a bigger show(not that much bigger yet, lol) they always had a house rig to use.
  6. F*#$NA4

Jul 11, 2003
    I have it as well. I really cannot get over how nice of an amp this is. For the price you get many features that beat out any amp in its range. The tweeter, the kickback, the XLR out, etc. The 5 positition style selector is great. It is loud enough for practice, certainly, and will handle smaller clubs, un-mic/xlred. I got mine for 440 OTD at GC new, but there are usuallly a few around on Ebay for CHEAP, but you have ship it.
  7. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I'm not even that much of an Ampeg fan, but I think this particular amp is a pretty nice combo for its niche. I don't see why you couldn't play small shows quite effectively with it.
  8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    How about a BA115HP:

(from Ampegs website)

The BA115HP is a simplified tone box featuring a 220 watt power section and 1" horn driver for high frequency definition. The variable "L-pad" on the back of the amp allows you to adjust the level of your highs. The XLR line out makes it easy to patch to a mixing board or recording console. A built-in digital chromatic tuner and mute switch have been added for easy noiseless tuning or changing of instruments while on stage.
  9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ditto on what everyone else said. i owned one. it sounded great in the small rooms, struggled a lot in the bigger bars. tilted back it lost some of its bottom, flat on the floor sounded best. i always go back to my peavey - i believe that they have the most bang for the buck. they're not the sweetest sounding amps, but when you have to crank them they cut it. all the other really nice sounding combos i've played (under a thousand dollars) fall to pieces when put against a drummer who kiks and a decent sized room.
  10. nozzlenut

Jul 16, 2003
    western NY
    :) I agree with the comments posted previously. I have had my B-115 for over 2 years, it is my main practice amp an I do some small gigs with it. It sounds great as long as you don't push it to full volume.:bassist: