Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know about the Mesa Buster 15 combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    It is 200 tube watts with thier 15 and a tweeter. Anone use it? Tried it? Is it ported fron or back? Dimensions? Gots to sound good.

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    It is rear ported equipped with an EVM 15L and a tweeter. I have the extension cab(which only 5 were made) and it is 16"D x 19"H x 24"W, so add to that whatever the head portion would be. It also has built retractable luggage handle and wheels. Good sounding cab.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    They sound great, but they are supa heavy. It has got a cool little luggage cart type thingy built right into it, which helps alot.

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    The extension cab is not very heavy at all, around 50 lbs. I believe the combo weighs about 110 lbs which gives you an idea on how much the electronics weigh.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yes, I should have mentioned that the combo, not the cab, was very heavy. I have the head, and it weighs roughly 45 lbs. methinks. It's my main recording rig, if that means anything to anybody.