1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone know any bands like Neu!? (Spacey Punk?)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Especially the song Hero

I like all Neu! stuff (with the exception of some of the stuff off the 4 album, but I guess a lot of that was unfinished), but I especially like this setup. It's got that proto-punk thing going on, but maintains that trancey/spacey thing that Neu! does so well.

Similar music would be awesome.

2. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    I honestly have listened to either band a lot but I hear 'Can' is similar

3. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Stereolab are quite influenced by Neu!

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

They are both from the 'Krautrock' scene, but other than long rhythmic trances, I think they are pretty different. I love Can though.

Good call on Stereolab, I am already familiar, but bands of that sort of vibe, I am interested in.

5. Neu is cool. Colder, stiffer and less organic sounding than Can, though, who I prefer.

If you're background is in post-punk though, Neu are mandatory listening

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I am actually more of a Can fan, but I'd like to see where people have taken this sort of influence. I can't seem to find many bands (modern) who sound like Can either.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow, I just found this band called Farflung, they get into a sweet Krautrocky jam mid song:

I'm going to have to get more from these guys!!