Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know any bands who...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bushfire, Dec 15, 2005.

1. ...Play those calm sorta dramatic emotional songs that rock bands always seem to put as the last track on albums as their main style of music? Stuff like:

Blindside - Silence
    Thousand Foot Krutch - Breathe You In
    Demon Hunter - The tide rises
    - I'm not ready to die (last bit)

I'll think of more later, but thanks for any replies!

-Bernard.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    "Swimming Upstream" by Ra - on their Duality album
    "Ender" by Finch - from their first big album (can't remember name) (this one gets heavy at the end, but starts slow)
    "On My Own" (think that's the name) by Disturbed - from their second album
    "The End" by Greenwheel - from Soma Holiday

3. Thanks, you've got the right idea with the type of songs, and I'll have to check some of those out, but what I was really asking was does anyone know of any bands that play this type of music as their main type, I should have worded that more clearly, sorry.

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Oh. Yanni?

5. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
  6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

:eyebrow: :confused: :eyebrow:

7. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    I donno if this is what you are talking about but there is one guy named Dallas Green from Alexisonfire who has his own side project called City and Colour all his songs are mellow acoustic stuff you should check it out. www.myspace.com/dallasgreen is his myspace i think it has one song on it called Save Your Scissors. My fav is In The Water I Am Beautiful but all of it is pretty good. ya thats the only one that i listen to really thats like that.

Peace

8. Honestly, I've never heard of any of the bands that you've mentioned. Maybe I'll have to check them out and see what you're talking about.

9. Thanks whitmore, I'll check it out sometime.

I'm not surprised that there really aren't any bands like this, and you guys are confused, I was just seeing if anyone knew of any that existed. If you are still confused, the best example I have (I gave it in the first post) is Demon Hunter - The Tide Began To Rise

-Bernard.

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Nickelback, but they don't put these tracks last, they just make an album out of them :D

11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Well, just to call it even, the ones by Blindside and TFK are well, worship songs.

If you like TFK, I say check out "Lift It Up" on their Set if Off album.

What others...Kids in the Way - This Could Be The Song That Will Change Your Heart

EDIT - wait, you mean as their main type? Heck...A couple of songs by The Wedding, Ever Stays Red, Seven Places (maybe), Starfield.

Note that the last 3 on the list are more or less P&W bands...

12. P&W?

Yeah, they do pretty much fall under the worship category, but it's slightly "amped up", and isn't confined to being christian per say.

13. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Deathcab for cutie?
    the shins?
    Fountains of wayne?

14. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    "...calm sorta dramatic emotional songs..."

You mean like ballads? When I read that sentence the first thing that came to mind was 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica.

Graeme

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    For thy crimes committed against the gods of music, I commend you to listen emo-music forever more! (Or until you get better :ninja: )

16. ???

17. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    Anyone know any bands who...

LAME THREAD TITLE