Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone know any easy bass solos

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by hugedrewie, Nov 22, 2000.

1. hugedrewie

hugedrewie

Mar 20, 2000
    hey all

im a new bassist well ive bin playin for about a year. i cant seem to able to do anything apart from follow wot the guitar does i can do other stuff but i get confused easily. im also in a band and they r always encouraging me to learn a bass solo song but i cant if anyone knows any easy bass solos i would very much appreciate it.

thanks

2. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    if they're easy, they ain't worth doing, the point to a solo is to inject your own personality into the music,
    that is your chance to step up and say "hey, this is ME"!

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

How did this thread get in the classifieds section?

:confused:

4. maybe he is going to pay one of us for an easy bass solo!
    cool! hey hugedrewie if you play louie louie by yourself that would be kind of a bass solo.
    to send me a check for the info please click on my profile and email me your email address, i will then send my home address so you can send me a check. thanks

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LOL:D

Learn 'Another one bites the dust' by Queen, the whole song is bass only, and is very easy!

Email me an electronic check! ;)

6. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    Learn some scales and just walk around on them a bit

7. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Yeah, and that would be interesting... NOT!!! :oops:)

A bass solo doesn't have to be hard, or clever or fast or any of that stuff - it's music, so if it means something to you, then it's cool. If it's a tune you've written or one you've worked out that you like then great, go with that...

there's a thread over on my 'ask the pros' forum about your first solo bass piece, which might be helpful to you, and is probably a more appropriate place for this than in the classifieds... :oops:)

cheers

steve
    http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk
    http://www.solobassnetwork.org.uk

8. 451

Nov 30, 2000
    try the pulling teeth solo by metalica. thats not that hard. i have only been playing for a year to and i am already on tour witha band that is touring with KORN in 2001. all it takes is practice,practice,practice and music always has to be your first priorty.

9. minkis

minkis

Sep 8, 2000
    Improv/Amazing Grace by Victor Wooten on Bela Fleck's Live Art.

10. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio

yeah right, Minkis! Nobody but Vic can play Vic's solos!
    The man is as close to a god as any mortal man can get!

11. hugedrewie

hugedrewie

Mar 20, 2000
    cheers so far people sum of these solos r good but some r too hard for me but im gonna keep tryin so keep em comin in cheers again

12. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    I find a lot of interesting solo ideas by just experimenting with chords, trying different structures, textures, etc.. My suggestion is to just goof around 'til you find something! I also have a habit (good or bad?) of combining slap, fingerstyle, and tap techniques into one "creation". A leftover from my PRIMUS fan stage!

Music is poetry in motion,
    an expression of emotion,
    an application of devotion.

13. andrew rioux

andrew rioux

Dec 3, 2000
    u should learn how to play money by pink floyd thats a really easy song it only took me like 2 days to learn and youve been playing longer than i have

14. BassBoy311

BassBoy311

Dec 10, 2000
    Hey man, i know what you mean when you say you cant play anything apart from the guitar part. i used to have that problem. first of all...i like to picture the line i want to play in my head and then try to play it with the guitar and see if it sounds good. second of all...a good song to play on bass is Badfish by Sublime. it's fairly easy and it sounds good. another would be Around the World by red hot chili peppers. thats kinda hard if you play it up to speed, but if you slow it down just enough so you can get it right, it sounds really cool. another one you might wanna try is re-arranged by limp bizkit. its very easy. well there ya go man...good luck to you and your band!

15. Haelix

Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    About "money"... that doesn't have any solos, but it's a bit weird to pick up initially, because of the 7/4 time.

I play it, and it's fun. Especially throwing in variations on the main riff. That's a good way to start your own solo in my opinion.

Just start messing with a riff, until you lose control...
    :)