Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know anything about coldplay?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jun 10, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    From the stuff ive heard on the radio they seem to have a very strong singer and rythem section! Is the cd worth buying?

2. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    To be honest, I don't really think that much of Coldplay - I personally didn't think that they were anything special musically. Having said that, their album's not that bad. If you like the stuff played on the radio, it's worth getting the CD.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have Parachutes I think its their dubut album. I compare it to The Man Who.. by Travis. Both albums are ok if you are not particularly happy at that point. Ironically Yellow has just come on the radio.

The 3 singles are ok try to borrow a copy or preview it at the shop (if they do that).

4. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Well, I may be in the minority here, but I really like Coldplay. No, it's not an album of extreme solos by all the guys but it's an album of well written songs, IMHO. Definitely worth buying.

5. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Well we listen to the local rock station at work and i must admitt that my taste for music during the day dropps to extreme lows because everything on the radio sucks so bad! When a band comes on that play more than 3 chords in a song i get excited its very sad!

6. i hate that 'yellow' song. everyone compares them to radiohead for some reason, which is utter blasphemy as far as i'm concerned.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you are now my favorite member on talkbass... for this day :D

i can´t agree more... Radiohead is now at this all new level, you can´t even compare coldplay to Radiohead...

maybe you can compare Coldplay and travis to Radiohead 6 years ago (the bends)... that´s how far is Radiohead from them, 6 years away from the competence :)

8. no, even then radiohead were far superior, and they rocked, whereas coldplay reminds me of english dave matthews on quaaludes.

9. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    hell no they arent anything like radio head! Its just much bette than blink 182 and stuff like that they play on the same station!

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :eek: i thought i was the only one who think the voice of the singer of coldplay sounded a little like Dave Mattews!

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Maybe but we cant even compare bands!