1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone know anything about mexican 60's re issue strats?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fr0me0, Apr 28, 2006.

1. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I know a person selling a Mexican Re issue 60's strat. Its in really good condition. he says he payed 950 canadian for it in 2002. he's selling it for 500. I'm not sure if they are discontinued but I can't find to seem a price for them anywhere. I'm considering buying it but am wary of getting ripped off. I know re issues are worth more, but I could get a brand new mexican strat for around 500 dollars, are the re issues that much better?

I'm not much of a guitar player. I'd be buying this mostly to write on and learn on. I don't want to buy a POS i'm going to have to upgrade soon but I don't wanna take a bath on it if I have to sell it later. He's had it for sale for a long time, do you think people don't appreciate what its worth? or think he's just asking too much, he wanted 650 for it at first but is asking for 500 now.

2. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    I bought a new MIM Deluxe Players Strat awhile back, $570 US. The 60's and 70's reissues were a little more, like $600+ US. The base MIM was around $400.

go to musicians friend and search around.

I wouldn't worry abou these being POS, they are all quite nice.