Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know anything about these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CQBASS, Apr 5, 2005.

1. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
  2. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    anyone?

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Pricing for a 210 cab from their webpage:
    "Anywhere from $400.00-$1100.00 dollars "

Wow, that cheap?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I looked around the website for a bit. It has this "cool, rock on dude!" teenager feel to it. That kind of turned me off to the company overall. I would expect something more professional from a company that wanted to be taken seriously. I guess that's not really fair to judge them based on the website, but with so many other options out there for between $450-1000, I'll take my money elsewhere. They don't appear to be using any groundbreaking technology or hardware.

-Mike

5. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    True that.... They've got a few on the bay for under $200. that's why I was asking. I'm in desperate need of a 1x12 but my budget is severe at best.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ahhh....that makes sense. I think they use some of the same drivers that Avatar uses. Did you see the used 112's in the GFS forum? One dude is selling a couple, although he seems to be slow on the replies.

-Mike

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    This much is true. How many different ways can you put a speaker in a cab? :D

I suppose for every guy like me who says "no thanks", there are others who ARE saying "cool dude, those cabs look killer! I want one". These guys may be on to something as you suggested, as long as they sound good.

-Mike

8. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    yeah, sound (and for this purchase) size and weight are the only things I care about. Sure aesthetics count for something, but not nearly as much as tone. That being said....I'd love to know how these damn things sound. I think it shall remain a mystery....