1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone know anything about this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rumblefisher, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Hey TB,
    A friend of mine just bought a bass at a garage sale for $40 and asked me if I knew anything about it...I did not. It's a Rythmline (yes, that's the spelling) with no serial number. The only other detail of note is the plate at the back that says it was made in Japan. Any info anyone can offer about this brand would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Looks to be a fairly typical 70's vintage Japanese bass. No specific info on that brand, as there were a lot of brands that were fairly interchangeable out of Japan back then.

Probably has a single coil p/u of some sort hiding under that pickup cover, and a fairly crude bridge under the ash tray.

If it's playable, you're in pretty good shape for $40. Honestly, that's more or less what those basses are typicaly worth. Maybe a bit more on a really good day.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Yep, early '70s MIJ. They made Tele Bass copies (sort of) too, with a different pickup.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Looks like a cool Matsumoko bass. How's ti play?