Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know anything about this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Introvox, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I don't get it.

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I wouldn't even try out for that crap even if a spot was available. I don't think I would want to work on a project where the whole thing has this pretentious air to it. If you can't tell me straight up what the hell is going on, you're not worth my time.

I don't know why that struck me like that... Might be because I have been jerked around by too many people and taken advantage of. Like not being ever paid for gigs when I put 500 miles on my truck in one day, with a gig in the middle. AGH!!! Those kind of people drive me bonkers.

Another note... I just noticed that they are hosted by geocities. Really, if this was such a momentous and huge project, actually spring for some posting so I don't have to read your cryptic crap from behind yahoo ads... What a joke...

3. +1

They get a trophy for a cool site, though. I mean... it's GeoCities... why can't I do that? :mad:

4. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I don'tknow, seems weird to me to, but at least they (seem to) have a plan, and as for springin' for a domain, maybe there just bein frugal, they're only in auditions.

But I do admit it seem pretentious

Cool design

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    bump, i'm curious

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i bet that the guys who came up with the monkees wish they had a cool website like that way back when.

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I bet it's a bunch of college kids yanking people's chains and driving them buts just for fun.