Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone know anything about way huge pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Oct 13, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    im really interested in hearing what they sound like on bass. i hear that they are bad ass and the clips on the site were good, but all on guitar. so if anyoen has any info that'd be great.

2. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    Man, at first I thought that you just had really bad grammar, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and looked for information on “way huge pedals” and sure enough, that’s actually there name. Too funny.

And (obviously) no, I don’t know what they sound like on bass. Sorry.

3. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    My EB volume pedal is definitely way huge! Seriously though, I've not heard them but I've heard good things about them. Don't they make one called "The Swollen Pickle"?

Alex

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks for giving me the benefit. yea they do make the swollen pickle. they make some other stuff too. apparetnly the guy who made them works for line 6 now. who knows. thanks anyway

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I used to have the WH compressor. It was a pretty simple pedal. ON/OFF and two knobs. I can't remember the funny name....it sounded pretty good. But I thought it sounded better on guitar.

6. Well, I onced owned a 'Pickle. TERRIFIC little box, like a Big Muff on steroids. REally something...on guitar. Not tuned very well for bass at all so quit yer lustin'. It's massive low mid bump was just what 6-stringers needed for maximum >whummp< Fun stuff but for bass? Nope. THat fellah helped design the Line6 FM4 incidentally. Those boxes go for _ridiculous_ amounts used. I bought mine for around $175 usd or something...sold it for over $400(?!) What a shiister eh? Wel....HE offered!

7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I had a Way Huge Green Rhino overdrive for awhile, I loved it with my guitars and bass, but for some reason I ditched it as "not heavy enough" at the time. Wish I had never sold it, but i have a route 66 whose drive makes me happy now for guitar, i haven't plugged my bass into that one just yet but fully plan on it when i get my bass amp.

8. I believe it was the "Red Lahma" OD that was recommened for bass. Some of the boxes were "contractual obligation" like the compressor; he wasn't that enthused about those ones. Good stuff tho'....