1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone know for certain which of these is louder?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Like you bought one, and then bought the other, and then said, "Hey, this one is louder!"

I will be using it at 8 ohms, not 4.

31JoEy0bzYL.

H86941000001000-00-500x500.

I already bought the TC, but I'm unimpressed. I want it for a backup, and I liked the effects option because I also want to use it with my Rickenbacker. It'll work doubled up with my bx700 for the Ric, but for a backup it's kind of lacking. If the GK is louder I'd be willing to sacrifice the effects. I like the size and weight of the GK too.

Lemme know you're thoughts. I have about 25 days left to make a decision if I want to return the TC.

2. Plenty of time to snag one from classifieds and decide for yourself. From memory mb200 measures 160w into 8ohm. Mine keeps up to 18 piece big band going for gold, but only just, with 4ohm stack.

3. I bought an MB200 (actually a couple, but was bothered by hiss, so it wasn't a keeper for me...which isn't really relevant here) and had a few weeks demoing the BH250 (and owned the same in combo form). I don't believe there's any meaningful difference in upper loudness capability. And if you need it in a pinch, I believe both will happily run dimed with no ill effects.

I think the MB200 has a "sound" more than the BH250. Fantastic bedroom tones on the MB200. I took it out on a couple of small bar gigs with a TCE RS212. I got word from other bass players that it sounded good out front, but facing the room, it felt a little thin to me...probably owing to some inherent, relative brightness. One thing I didn't like about the MB200 was lack of a mute. Certainly not the end of the world, but without input gain (which neither one has, probably for knob real estate reasons), it's missed even more.