Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone know how to duplicate docs in Word 97?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jun 17, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My coworker has a document that she has to fill out many times over with different info each time. It's a word document and she has word 97. I cannot select all and then just cut and paste the whole thing many times over because it has headers and select all will either select all text in the header or select all text not in the header but not both. She said that the lady that gave her the CD had an option under her file menu that said "Duplicate." I'm sure that's just an updated version of Word but my coworker doesn't have that version. Anyone have ideas on how to do the same thing in Word 97?

brad cook

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Do the different entries all have to be in the same file?

If not, just copy the file multiple times in Windows Explorer, giving it a new filename each time. Probably makes it easier in the long haul, if you can give each one a descriptive filename (name, date, etc.).

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Yeah. Basically, just click "save as" in the file menu, name it "doc1" (or whatever you want to call it) and save it. Then repeat as "doc2" "doc3" etc. Also, if I remember correctly, if they DO need to be in the same document, there is a way you can merge them later.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She was wanting to just open them all up in one doc. I thought of replicating the file multiple times but I don't think that will present any significant time-saving or ease over what she's currently doing, which is filling out the doc, saving and then reopening a blank doc. That works but it's just not as easy as having the blank doc 17 times all as one doc.

brad cook