Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Know How To Make An MP3 Sound File From An Mpeg Video?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I can't record sound onto my computer, but I can make little mpeg videos on my digital camera, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that I could use to create just a sound file from the video. Thanks in advance.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Okay, I'll look there.

And btw, FASTEST RESPONSE EVER!

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You could probably pick something up at Download.com aswell.

Also if you know anyone with Adobe Premier then that does itm easy as :)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It can be a bit challenging to find legal free programs that convert to mp3 because they have to pay a fee to be able to do that. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though..

brad cook

6. Just play the mpeg. Use your soundcard's wav recorder to record the sound into a wav file, then convert the wav file to mp3. Easy.

I do this if I want an mp3 from streaming audio or other sources than can't be directly downloaded....

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    iTunes. Drag and drop the mpeg into iTunes and convert as necessary.