Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Know How to Remove Yamaha Poweramp Handles?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 28, 2003.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    The front face doesn't appear to remove easily. Since I have a P3200 rack mounted, I'd like to remove the bulky carry handles protruding from the front.

Does anyone have experience removing them?

Thanks

doc

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Have you got an angle grinder? :p

Seriously, it would be much safer to take it to an amp repairer. They would have the tools etc to get the front face off in 2 seconds, another 30 seconds to remove the handles. I can't imagine it costing too you much.

3. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    Thanks!

hmmmmmmm....I do have a hacksaw, but it's metric and won't fit.

;)

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    If your front rack cover fits over the handles, I'd leave them on. My Mackie poweramp has them, and I frequently loop cables through them for extra insurance against getting pulled out accidentally. Also, if my rack ever fell on its face the handles would protect some of the knobs.

5. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    jondog, don't ever apply for a govt. job.

You have entirely too much common sense.

:D

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Thanks, but I've certainly done my share of stupid things too. Just ask my wife ;)

7. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Another consideration, assuming the handles fit in the rack(they should, easily). Rack handles make things much easier when trying to remove or add gear to a rack case.

8. :D :D

Hey - if the amp handles are preventing you from installing your rack cover, (I assume that's why you want to remove the amp handles) :confused:...

What would you think of modifying (trimming) the cover instead of the amp? I think that's what I'd do.

:)