Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone Know How To Transfer Video From An "Analog" Camera To A PC?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by invisiman, Nov 8, 2004.

1. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Anyone? :help: My camera doesn't have any digital outs, but has the standartd three prong set up. Me and my band want to import and edit some footage of ourselfes playing, and this is the biggest obstacle for us. All help is appreciated!! :)

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I have a Canon DV camera that acts as a convertor for just such a thing...I've done it for cassete, VHS and works great...however if you don't have access to one it seems like there should be something out there at the big stores like Best Buy that could convert some how.

3. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Thanks for the help, but you can probably guess I'm strapped for cash, so a whole new camera is out of the question. Anyone else?

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
  5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Now that's what I'm talkin about.

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Now that's the sort of thing I had in mind :cool: Thanks a bunch guys :bassist:

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Ok, those things can be a problem. Usually, there's going to be some screwy problem, either with disc speed, picture quality, dropped frames, sound mismatch, videocard jokes or codec mismatches. It may be cheaper to have it transferred. Also, if you have a public access TV center in town, turn the tape into a program and they'll have everything you need, mostly for free or very low cost. And get a good copy for yourself.

Phooey! I just did a search for a station up there and there is none.... never mind,

8. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    As a video making nut, I have a capture card to do this. Basically, you plug the analog video in into the card and it converys the signal. (You plug the audio out, into the mic in).

I would be intersted in selling mine as I never use it anymore. I went digital :)

Before you buy it though, consider shooting yoru bands video in digital as it's much easier to work with!

9. You could get something like an ati 9600 all in wonder which has a capture card built in, on top of that you get a pretty sweet graphics card.