1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone know if US G&L SB-2 (Tobacco) comes with tort guard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mizzou541, Dec 29, 2017.

1. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    I've looked on MF website and they don't have a pic for them. I've seen some used online with tort but also some with white. Anyone know what is stock?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/gl-sb-2-bass-guitar?rNtt=GL Sb2&index=2

I checked G&L website for pics and I only see the silver metal flake, white, and margarita finishes. In the description on MF, it just says black pickguard (for both white and sunburst) but the pic for the white one definitely shows tort. On G&L's website, I see both the JB and SB1 tobacco finishes have tort guards.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Three-ply white pickguards are standard on G&L USA guitars and basses, but several other guards are available for a slight upcharge. Many dealers order basses with tort, black, etc., which is why you see them on line.

G&L USA Bass Options

3. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    MO
    Ah. I suppose then MF's will be white then. Can you buy replacements from G&L or do you need to go to some third party?

4. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    MIA SB-2's come with a pickguard in any color of your choice.
    Just ask a official G&L vendor, as instruments are mostly made to order.
    Tort, white, black and pearl are the most common ones.
    There is nothing like a standard pickguard color.
    I cannot say if MF has ordered a particular batch with their own specs or options.
    G&L pickguards and their replacements are produced by G&L Guitar Pickguards - Pickguard Planet
    G&L Basses (In Stock) - all - Rocket Music is a forum member.
    clf1705161.