Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ANYONE KNOW IF WARLOCK IS GOOD???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magoo4stringwiz, May 24, 2002.

1. magoo4stringwiz

magoo4stringwiz

May 21, 2002
    Im thinking of getting a warlock online, anyone know how the sound is?

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Warlock range from $199 to over $1000.

Some are good & some are bad.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    The american models are ok.... anything else is pretty bad.... I still have a problem with the American warlocks... I don't like the tone/feel of them... of course I don't play the kind of music that a warlock would really fit into... Try one out.. if you like one.. go for it.. but you may want to look around before you buy one... Just Me 2 cents

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've always like the warlock basses mahownself, although a little pointy. i've played good and bad foreign and usa models, so try before you buy, if you can. guitar centers usually have a contingent of them hanging around...or, you could check to see if this place you're getting it from has a return policy. you could be screwing yourself if they don't. oh yeah, if you dig warlocks, you may dig these:

[​IMG]

it's an r+b claw bass, built by ron blake (ex-carl thompson luthier) at ed roman's shop. i really really want one o' these. oh yeah......the BOMB :D

5. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
  6. Warlocks are overpowered IMO

7. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    About a year ago, I bought a $230 Warlock for my 12-year-old nephew. It was the bass he'd always dreamed of, and he still loves it and plays it every day. He's been taking lessons a few times a month. His teacher found the Warlock to be a perfectly good, well made and playable bass.

Now myself, I think I prefer the Beast.

8. I played a few NJ and USA models. Like any BC Rich, I'd play the guitars with little hesitation, but NOT the basses. Very uncomfortable basses and the edges chip very easily.

9. I've been a HUGE fan of the Warlock since Blackie Lawless played them back in the 80s. Here in Australia they are fairly hard to find, and when you do find one, expect to pay through the arse for it.
    But, unfortunatly, it's true. They aren't a real comfortable instrument to play and, again, yes, the edges do chip very easily. As my poor mate found out less than 3 months after spending over $800 on one.
    Consider all the pro's and con's carefully before making your choice. And like someone else has said here, if possible, try before you buy.

10. FYI that the original post is over 5 years old!

11. That'll learn me not to check the dates. lol