Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone know of a good program for renaming and organizing mp3's?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fr0me0, Dec 12, 2005.

1. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    all the ones i download end up crashing. what I wanna do is rename my ripped files according to that CDDB thing before i put them on my new ipod.

2. Helium Music Manager.

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Search download.com for mediatagger I'm digitizing my whole cd collection and it's the best I have found for editing ID3 tags. It even includes access to a free CDDB. It's a little daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it it's fast and flexible.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    JMX will direct you to one if you want to wait until he wakes up and logs in. If not, do a search in here for MP3 software.

-Mike

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I just downloaded this and it is as easy as can be. I like it. I will keep it. :D

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ironic,

but iTunes is tops for me. renaming a crapload or of the same album has never been easier.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I use iTunes as well. It's a really, really nice piece of software. The Smart Playlists are pretty sweet. Also, you can Cntrl-click as many songs as you want, and re-naming and re-genreing is just a "Right Click - Get Info" away. I seperated a couple hundred songs by genre in about two minutes, picking and choosing what I wanted to go where.

8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    +1 on iTunes. Couldn't be easier.