Anyone know of a quick trick to change a TRS jack into a TR jack? Would save me a trip to the store.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by duo8675309, Oct 1, 2016.

  1. duo8675309


    Jun 5, 2005
    Title says it all. I have a sort of one-off thing I'm trying to do and this guitar pedal won't turn on if I plug a TRS end into it. Needs to be TR. Is there something that's like... the opposite of electrical tape? Like a conducive adhesive maybe?
  2. duo8675309


    Jun 5, 2005
    Aha! Spliced my least favorite TR end on it with electrical tape (my solder gun is useless) and it totally works! Very little noise as well!
  3. Ulf_Hansson


    Apr 15, 2014
    Glad you found a solution. Next time, just connect thee R and S parts in the connector (twisting a short piece of "naked" lead should do it).

Share This Page